Like the Houston Food Drive Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/JJOsHoustonFoodDrive/
Jammin’ Jimmy Olson is AGAIN looking to give back to families in need in Houston raising at least 10,000 pounds of non-perishable food especially Beans and Rice. JJO will be in a box in the parking lot of the Walmart Supercenter 111 Yale St. at I-10 in Houston and will live, eat & sleep there until at least 10,000 pounds of non-perishable food to benefit the Houston Food Bank. JJO will again be unshaven, un-bathed and living in a Box regardless of the weather conditions.
He won’t leave his pod until East Texans stop by Walmart Supercenter 111 Yale St. at I-10 in Houston to drop off non-perishable food items which will go to help fill the coffers at the Houston Food Bank and their local Food Pantries.
- the Houston Food Bank services 18 counties throughout Southeast Texas
- In those 18 counties—at any given time—there are over 66,000 hungry Texans. 5,000 of which are kids.
- 1 in 4 children in Houston are food insecure. 🙁
- 97% of the Houston Food Bank clients have housing.
- Two-thirds of the families have at least one working adult.
- 20% of people served are age 60 or older.